I. SHOULD + INFINITIV
-în propoziții independente (întrebări directe)
- Why should I tell you? – De ce ți-aș spune?
după it is necessary, it is important
- It is necessary that all the workers should come on time.
după it is high time, it is about time
- It is time you should start a job.
după it’s a pity, it’s a shame
- It’s a pity that you should miss such a play. E păcat să pierzi o astfel de piesă
după verbe ce exprimă un ordin to insist, to order
- I insist that she should be present at our meeting.
după verbe care exprimă teama
- I’m afraid lest you should miss the train.
după I am glad, I am pleased
- I am pleased that he should be here.
în întrebări indirecte după why și how
- He doesn’t understand why you should go so soon.
după though, however
- However cold should be, We shall go on a trip.
după least, for fear
- I’ll give you the address lest you should not get lost.
după reason, supposition
- There is no reason why we should go.
II. MAY/ MIGHT + INFINITIV
-în propoziții independente (urări)
- May you live long!
după it is possible, it is probable
- It is possible that he may come.
după verbul wish
- I wish you may get a good mark.
după verbe care exprimă teama urmate de that
- I fear that he may be late.
după though și however
- However warm the wather might be, I shall go for a walk.
după that, so that (Csc.)
- Come closer so that I may hear you better.
după as if, as though
- You behave as if you might want to do something bad.
III. SHALL + INFINITIV
-în propoziții independente (propoziții interogative)
- Shall I help you?
după verbele to decide, to intend
- It has been decided that they shall sleep at the chalet.